Coldwell Banker Commercial presents 2016 year-end Blue Book
The 76-page 2016 Blue Book features market intelligence on 120 U.S. markets and 17 international markets. The data in the report was compiled by Coldwell Banker Commercial professionals within each market.
“The Coldwell Banker Commercial® (CBC) Blue Book offers a unique market perspective with data generated by true commercial real estate market experts—the professionals of the Coldwell Banker Commercial companies within the local markets,” the report’s introduction says. “In total, there are over 130 domestic and international markets covered in this edition of the Blue Book.”
The 2016 Blue Book includes the following market highlights for Lubbock:
- In 2016, Lubbock was recognized by WalletHub among the top 15 large cities in the U.S. to start a business, and Move.org named Lubbock the sixth best city in the country for 20-somethings to live in, describing Lubbock as “truly an up-and-coming town.”
- The Lubbock Economic Index neared a record high of 150 by the end of 2016—a remarkable increase of nearly 30 points over the past five years.
- The size of the Lubbock labor force reached a record high of 157,587 in May of last year, which is an increase of more than 3,000 over May of 2015.
- Lubbock was recently chosen to be the primary U.S. hub for Monsanto cotton seed processing, with a state-of-the-art, $140 million, 500,000 SF facility scheduled to be completed this summer.
- Texas Tech University, which was recognized as a Tier One university in 2016, now enrolls more than 36,000 students—a 49% increase since 2000.
To read the 2016 Blue Book, click here.
# # #
Contact: Garrett Haley, (806) 784-3219
Coldwell Banker Commercial Capital Advisors
Source: Coldwell Banker Commercial